Although I previously blogged about lowering your grocery bills, today’s Thursday Thirteen features some more great tips:
1. Purchase and eat more beans. They are a great source of protein and they taste great.
2. Instead of purchasing 100 calorie packs of snacks, buy a larger bag, and self-portion the packs.
3. Buy value packs of meat or chicken and freeze them. Don’t forget to label the packages.
5. Prepare your own meals instead of eating out
6. Buy seasonal fruits and vegetables
7. Use everything you purchase
8. Make Kitchen Sink Soup
9. Eat vegetarian 3 days per week—it’s also great for your health and weight, as well.
10. Limit alcoholic beverages to one serving per day or less.
11. Make your own spice blends
12. Get innovative with your leftovers--freshen them up by adding pasta, spices, or vegetables. You’ll be able to have more dishes from the original meal.
13. Purchase a thermal cup and brew your own coffee instead of going to Starbucks.
Life is about being prudent and using good judgment in all aspects of your meal planning, because
After all, it’s about a Healthy Lifestyle!
Photo courtesy of Kevin