I receive emails every day from bloggers and folks who’ve read my book, Mommy I'm Still in Here
Two stand out. One asked:
“…how much money do you make...blogging, writing, authoring a book, speaking and advocating for the mentally ill?”
It was a little discomforting to admit to him that my ventures actually cost Mark and me thousands of dollars a year.
He responded with the understandable:
“Oh My Gosh! Why do you do this?”
Lots of reasons.
I do it…
- for my children’s future. An informed society is a better place for them to live.
- for your children’s futures. We should all share what we learn along the path.
- because it must be done, and I can.
- because it can be done, so I must.
- And I do it because of people like Debra, who wrote this week:
“THANK YOU FOR THIS BLOG!!!!!!!
“THANK YOU FOR YOUR BOOK!!!!!!!!!
“You have a wonderful way of helping parents understand mental illness. I learn something every time I log onto your blog. You really are making a difference. I’m the mother from Colorado who called you one morning regarding my son. You really helped me to understand that he NEEDED to sleep and heal. I kissed him and told him to sleep as long as he needed. It was a beautiful moment for us. Have you seen Jill Bolte-Taylor on TED.com? I bet your bloggers would love it.
If you were in my shoes, wouldn’t you do this?
Peace and Blessings,