Ready for a Fresh Start for the New Year?
I am! I feel very excited. It feels like the right time to let go of things that I no longer need or prefer to have in my life anymore and to stand up to new levels of growth and experience. This week, I felt tuned inward, like I've been tending to some inner work and resting, in preparation for a great start in the New Year. As it gets closer, I am more enthusiastic about it. I feel very ready for moving forward.
Exercises to Renew Your Experience and Start Your Year Off Brand New
- Ring in the New Year by celebrating your experience, growth, and love. Do something that is very fun for *you*.
- Spruce up your desk area with creative objects such as a new set of colorful pens, an array of sticky notes, a rubber band ball, new pictures, etc. Organizing and cleaning always helps to tidy us up on a deeper level too.
- Change your internet home page (the website screen you always start on) to something that inspires you. Find one that makes you feel creative, energetic, or relaxed. Update other website shortcuts that you frequent and your desktop background as well. (If you’ve signed up for my What’s Rising Newsletter, you’ve been sent a background that I created which is perfect for this type of stuff. If you don’t have it, email me and I’ll resend it to you).
- Deep clean the spaces that you rarely clean. Freshen up your daily tools.
- Get out and go visit loved ones that you don't get to see enough.
- Set out some new recent pictures.
- Nurture yourself with a luxurious bath, revamp your self-care and/or beauty products, and set up some healthy tasty treats in the kitchen.
- Start a new journal for 2010. Get one that looks attractive to you – one that you are excited to pick up. Take note of the inklings of your newly rising ideas to review again in spring when you officially plant your seeds for the next cycle.
- Reorganize your messiest area.
- Ponder: are your actions and decisions based on fear or love? Those are the two root categories of feelings - all are based in some form of a fear or feelings of love. So notice which drives you most. Are you happy with what you find?
This year let's take it up a big notch! We can ensure this best by putting our full efforts into that which is truly important to us. By letting go of old practices and concepts, we can breakthrough the recurring patterns that hold us back - move fully beyond them.
Be open to new approaches not influenced by fear or lack, but of love and abundance. Take bold steps of action based on thorough preparation.
by Danielle Crume © 2009