Adobo pork chops are a big favorite at my house. They are spicy and have a wonderful flavor. I usually make the marinade the night before or first thing in the morning and let them soak up the flavor overnight or for at least 8 hours. The chops are very low in carbs so I usually serve them with beans or potatoes.
Makes: 6 servings
* 6 boneless pork top loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick ( 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds total)
* 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
* 2 teaspoons hot chili power
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed (or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over chops. Seal bag; turn to coat chops. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
2. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Place chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chops are done (160°F), turning once halfway through grilling time.
Nutritional facts per serving
189 calories, 7g total fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 25g protein