Coconut oil has many healthy wonders from cooking to shedding pounds to skin care. It is the preferred cooking oil by health professionals and health addicts alike. With all the new research turning out new information to help us stay healthy and get rid of many illnesses that are rearing their ugly heads over the last 60 years, we are finding our way back to natural wholesome products and all their glory. When it comes to aging skin and skin care, natural is also making a come back saving us time and money. Coconut and aging skin are like salt and pepper - they go extremely well together. Health Wonders of Coconut Oil
For decades massage therapists and sport professionals have used coconut oil to manipulate stressed muscles. Nowadays, when people have a sport or exercise related injury they go for medicine in the tube purchased over the counter. Give coconut oil a try. It works just as well if not better. Ask my left shoulder that I recently injured through exercise (I guess I over did it!). I took coconut oil with me to the massage therapist who laughed and said she has her own and she will use it on my soar shoulder. She was obviously aware of it's potential.
Here is where I love coconut the most. It has a powerful effect on aging skin! Here's what it does and how it works.
1. It protects the skin from free radicals. One of the major reasons behind aging skin.
2. It assists in improving the appearance of the skin. Giving the skin a lovely glow without looking oily or sweaty.
3. It can help restore a more youthful appearance to the skin because, according to Dr. Peat, coconut oil is able to resist the formation of free radicals and oxidation.
4. It assists in reducing fine lines and wrinkles because it keeps connecting tissues strong and flexible.
5. It assists in the exfoliating process naturally working on the outer layer of dead skin cells. This makes the skin smoother and adds a glow.
For aging skin and skin care, why not save a bit of money this month and give coconut oil a try as opposed to the expensive skin care products for aging skin? Wash your face and body as you normally would and apply coconut oil instead of your normal moisturizer. Give it a month and enjoy the difference.
One of my favorite skin care regimes is using turmeric paste and then moisturizing afterward with coconut oil.