Are you the right candidate for vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure which reconstructs your vaginal opening and perineum to deal with any cosmetic or medical problems. It is a plastic surgery procedure which tightens your external genitalia. In some conditions, this procedure can be used to treat a disease or medical condition too. Also known as perineoplasty, this procedure also has a variant which is used to loosen up the perineum muscles.
Your vagina looks like a tube which connects the vulva to the cervix. During sexual intercourse it stretches; during childbirth, it stretches more to accommodate a baby. This is also a passageway for blood when you are menstruating. The perineum is between your vagina and anus. This offers support to your pelvic floor and enhances sexual pleasure.
Who should get vaginal rejuvenation?
- If you underwent episiotomy during childbirth, you are a good candidate. Episiotomy is a surgical cut which is made at your perineum so that the vaginal opening can be widened for childbirth. This procedure could lead to loose skin and the feeling that your vagina is too wide. It eventually leads to low sexual satisfaction for you and your partner. A number of women opt for vaginal rejuvenation to overcome intimacy issues.
- Some women suffer from dyspareunia or painful sexual intercourse due to vaginismus or a bacterial infection. The involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles is called vaginismus and this could lead to pain during penetration. Lichen sclerosus is the bacteria which causes the genital area to itch and scar. This could also pose a problem when urinating or defecating.
- If you have rigid perineum muscles, the procedure will be helpful for you.
- If you suffer from the congenital problem called vaginal introitus, vaginal rejuvenation will help you.
- If you suffer from hymeneal ring, perineoplasty is beneficial.
- You can turn to vaginal rejuvenation if you have suffered from any injury or trauma to your vaginal opening, perineum or anus.