Cancer is not only rearing its ugly
head amongst the human population around the world but it is also plaguing or
pets, with more that 50% of dogs and cats over the age of ten developing cancer, resulting in death. Cancer is the most common cause of death in pets. Cancer in pets is usually non responsive to the traditional medical treatments so pet owners have found another avenue to grab hold of using home pet remedies from natural and holistic medicine practices.
One of the ways pet owners are combating this illness for their pets is by utilizing pet wellness practices, which suggests natural pet remedies for illnesses and natural homemade pet foods, basically eliminating toxins of any kind from foods and medicine. Plus,natural home pet remedies by far surpass any other and have become known to pet owners as a life saver when it comes to not only healing and helping their pets but also a huge monetary savings on vet bills and medications. Pet wellness practices and natural home pet remedies is one of the best ways to keep your
pet healthy and protect him from harmful diseases, such as cancer.
When it comes to pets, the traditional medical treatment for cancer is often not sufficient, however
veterinarians and holistic medical professionals say that natural pet care
remedies holds high value toward preventing cancer, as well as treating it to a
high percentage. Many pet owners whose animals have cancer will use both
traditional and natural holistic medicine to give their pet the best chance of
Let's face it most pets are not taken in for an annual cancer check up like humans do, or are supposed to.
However, just like with people, early detection is the biggest key to recovery.
As a pet owner it is important that you are aware of the signs and symptoms of
cancer in your dog or cat. With dogs, the more common form of cancer is
malignant lymphoma and mast cell tumors. In cats it is malignant lymphoma which
is often secondary to Feline Leukemia Virus Infection.
Signs To Be Aware Of
- A firm lump that grows and does not go away.
- Some pets have an increased appetite but continue to lose weight.
- Some may have respiratory problems and be weak if they are becoming anemic.
Other Important Facts
- Caner is usually a disease of older dogs and cats.
- Pet cancer causes over half of pet deaths
- Causes of cancer are still unclear
- Professionals have found that there is a genetic correlation and an increase in certain breeds
- To date, the most common breed of dog being diagnosed with cancer is the Golden Retriever, with the Boxer breed running in
- Environment has a large part in the performance and onset of cancer, including exposure to toxins, herbicides, smog, and
insecticides being major contributing factors
- Preservatives and other chemical additives place high on the list of cancer contributing factors
Here is where you, as a pet owner can put pet wellness into practice and embrace natural and holistic pet
remedies. These type remedies are mostly home pet remedies compiled through the
holistic medicine practices, and utilized by holistic veterinarians.
- A Holistic Diet: This is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT area for your pet to reduce the risk of cancer. Yes, just like in humans, it's the same type principle.
Your pets body, just like yours, needs to be supported by building blocks
that maintain healthy cells and repair damaged ones. Feed your dog a
holistic diet, making his food from home using the required foods to give
him his nutritional needs. This is so that you can avoid artificial
colors, toxins, and other dangerous components found in shelf dog food.
This includes his treats as well. Home Pet Remedies: Healthy Homemade Canine Food
If you are buying natural treats at from the store, do your level best to
ensure they REALLY are made from natural, wholesome ingredients. Keep this
in mind - whenever a food is packaged for a store shelf, that food has to
have a certain types of ingredients in order to maintain its shelf life.
This is where the unnecessary toxins and unhealthy food additives come
into the picture, and are not healthy for your pet. If the company is
truly using natural ingredients than they will also be using a natural
preservative. These products may also have a shorter shelf life. I Love
Dogs. com is a fabulous website for dog owners and offers free all natural dog treat recipes.
- Raw Food Diet. Cancer cells thrive on carbohydrates and proteins, but their growth is slows down
with fats. Try making your own low-carb, high-fat cancer diet. Many dogs
really thrive on this type diet, which makes it all the better an option
for his daily meals.
Raw Food Diet Recipe
50% chicken or fish; 50% mixed vegetables. 1/2 tsp. olive oil per 10 lbs
of dog weight. salt and garlic to taste.
- Supplements. Ensure to add Omega 3 essential fatty acids to every meal.These Omega 3's have
been shown to significantly prevent the spread of cancer in pets as well
as people. Omega 3 fatty acids include: Flax is the best source for dogs,
for cats you need a liquid form of flax. Either gives salmon oil or EFA
capsules twice daily to your dog or cat.
- Flavanoids. Flavanoids are what give the bright color to fruits and vegetables. They
have a double positive of antioxidants and cancer fighting qualities.
Flavanoids include flavones, isoflavones, and flavanols. The best for your
dog or cat is polyphenols, especially EGCG (epigallocatechin-gallate)
which comes from green tea.
- Antioxidants. Studies have shown that these beauties slow the growth and spread of
certain types cancer and include vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium - the
most effective ones for cancer prevention
All of the above are priceless home pet remedies for the prevention of cancer in dogs and cats and can easily be incorporated into your pet’s daily eating regime. Embrace natural holistic
medicines and home pet remedies and avoid the #1 pet killer - Cancer along with many other pet illnesses and diseases.