Whether you have kids or not, decorating our homes for Christmas has become part of most western cultures. Holiday greetings, decorations and packaging contribute to an enormous waste, only in the US alone, Americans throw away 25% more trash during the holiday period than any other time of year, this amounts to 25 million tons of extra garbage.
Try some of our simple tips to reduce waste, save our Planet and save money too:
1. Greetings cards: make your own cards
2. Christmas tree: buy a potted tree and plant it after the holidays, or keep it in the pot and re-decorate it every holiday season.
3. Gift wrapping: use recycled or reused wrapping paper or make your own
4. Christmas tree and home decorations: make your own by recycling materials and products such as light bulbs, toilet paper rolls, orange peals and many others
5. Gifts made from recycled materials: keep an eye open for advertised "green products", but always check product labels to verify it's made from recycled materials or materials easily recyclable.
See all our tips and idea on our website: http://www.livinggreenwithbaby.com/green-holiday-decorating-ideas/
Happy and healthy holidays to all!!