Simple and Refreshing Curd
Yogurt or curd is a dairy product which is made by lactic fermentation of milk.It is a therapeutic food known for its refreshing taste and smoothness.One should always consume fresh curd made from fresh and pure milk.
Types of Curd
- Thick Curd
- Whisked Curd
- Sweet Curd
How to Store
Always store curd in the fridge and not in the freezer.If kept below 5 degrees C,yogurt can stored for several weeks.
Curd is very nutritious.150 grams of whole curd contains
- 7.7 gm of protein,240 mg calcium,163 calories and 23.8 gm carbohydrates.
- It also contains vitamins A,E,K, folate,vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- Apart from the important vitamins,curd also contains calcium,selenium,magnesium,zinc,phosphorus,copper and saturated and monounsaturated fats.
Probiotics when added to curd help in digesting fats and protein.
- This helps to relieve constipation by improving intestinal mobility.
- Probiotics are also beneficial in increasing vitamin B12 and maintaining a proper pH in the body.
- They also help to prevent diarrhea and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Probiotics help to enhance immune system by increasing levels of immunoglobins.
Health Benefits of Tasty Curd
- Daily consumption of curd helps to strengthen immunity.
- It helps improve digestion.
- It can help reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Thick curd taken with pieces of fruits helps you feel fuller.
- Curd can lower cholesterol.
- Women with vaginal infections can benefit from curd with active cultures.
- It may help prevent Osteoporosis.
- Curd is helpful in treating inflammatory bowel diseases.
- People with lactose-intolerance can consume curd.
- High calcium content in curd helps to keep bones and teeth healthy and strong.
In my next post I will give you some interesting recipes with curd and also share a few ideas to make curd a part of your daily diet.