I really like the word banana. The first thing that springs to mind when I say b-a-n-a-n-a is Gwen Stefani, Then I think of banana's coming down the stairs in striped pajamas. (doesn't anyone else sing that song when spelling bananas?)
am a Chiquita Mom, in this house we try to eat a banana a day. It's full of nutrition, quick and simple, and very affordable. Here are a few things I learned about Chiquita Bananas in the brochure they sent me:
Banana Bread Recipe
- two banana's provide enough energy for a 90 minute high intensity work out.
- they have more complex carbohydrates then any other fruit.
- is necessary for building muscle and normal body growth.
* 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* Pinch of salt
* 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- Chiquita Mom Recipe Flip Book
- Chiquita Banana Recipe Cards
- Chiquita Moms Grocery Tote Bag
- Chiquita Moms Freezer Bags
- A coupon for FREE Chiquita Bananas
How To Enter Contest Ends 01/17/2011 @ 11:59pm Eastern Their will be five winners, selected using a spreadsheet and random.org. Leave a comment for each entry and a link whenever possible
- Click here to read the brochure and tell me one thing you learned about bananas. (+1)
- <-- go ahead and click the retweet button! (+1 daily)
- Like SoCalledMom On Facebook (+1)
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (+5)
- Follow me On Twitter Crinthia Megan (+5)
- Subscribe To My Feed Rss (+10)
- Subscribe To My Newsletter (updates, deals, giveaways, and reviews +10)
- Blog About This Giveaway (+10)