If you've been following me very long, you'll know I'm getting into creating tools for the mom entrepreneur. There has been some snags and successes along the way with both of these twitter tools. Let me just talk about them a littleWhoFollowsUs.com
This site is built in Ruby on Rails, actually does several twitter functions.
1) Determines a does follow. Does this user follow that one, kinda thing.
2) Performs a sort function
[ascending, descending by name, location, # of followers] of any
twitter users followers/followings.
- No log in required to use only the sort function
We've had many issues arise trying to get true results, an actual sort of a given users followers/following tweeps. The issues come about when trying to sort a large list, like when somebody has 5000 followers. For now, our solution is to display 500 at a time. Once you display the 500 at a time you can sort the results, build new or add to your twitter lists, or so another 500, etc.
3) Performs list building
[which is super cool] build your own customized twitter lists from sorted results.
- Log in is required for this feature, as it will build new or add to your existing twitter lists.
4) Unfollow notices - sign up to receive a once daily unfollow notice. It's kind of interesting information and useless at the same time.
Here's the last one I received today:
Following user(s) have stopped following you:
Lance Scoular - @<a href="http://twitter.com/LanceScoular">LanceScoular</a>
SUNKISS - @<a href="http://twitter.com/TheRealSunkiss">TheRealSunkiss</a>
PRADEEP SINGH - @<a href="http://twitter.com/SEOExpert_India">SEOExpert_India</a>
Happy Moms Online - @<a href="http://twitter.com/happymomsonline">happymomsonline</a>
Regards, WhoFollowsUs Team
TwitterSorter.com is written in php.
TwitterSorter.com performs the following functions:
1) Will sort [ascending/descending by name, location, follower count] any twitter users followers/following tweeps.
- No log in required to perform only sort function
2) Build new or add to existing twitter lists from sorted results.
With TwitterSorter.com, it works lightning fast for displaying results. Displays 100 results per page. Currently have issue when clicking "previous" tab, to go backward - it wipes out the search results. So for now, just go forward...... :)Four things I'd really appreciate some help on.
1) Ideas for logo for both WhoFollowsUs.Com and TwitterSorter.com
2) What other twitter tools do you use/know of that perform similar functions
3) Pros and cons of these tools - why you would or would not use them. Be honest - I swear I've got thick skin. Please post answer below.
4) Tell your friends about these tools.