One of my favorite bloggers is the amazing Melanie, also known as the Coupon Goddess
. Melanie is one of those people who has mastered the art of couponing, and she shares her tips and finds with her readers. Even better, she shares what she gets from couponing with those in need. She is a big supporter of her local food bank, and she also sends lots of toiletries and other items to soldiers in need. On top of all that, she's a great writer. Her blog isn't just photos of her coupon haul; it's a fun look at her life and her family.
I don't know Melanie personally, but I've read her blog for so long that I feel like I do. A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about how Father's Day affects me after losing my dad
, and Melanie read it and left me the sweetest comment. As I said, she doesn't know me, she just happened upon my post and was gracious enough to comment and leave me some encouragement. She's just that kind of person...she genuinely cares for others.
At the beginning of July, Melanie was struck by a car while walking with her son
. She fractured her pelvis in several places, ruptured her bladder, and broke her hand. She has had to receive a blood transfusion. She won't be walking for some time, and she's in a great deal of pain. Melanie has a long road to recovery ahead of her.
In light of what has happened to Melanie, I am asking you, my friends and readers, to do something
. What can you do?
- Send Melanie a note of encouragement. A PO Box has been set up to receive well wishes.
- Keep watching Melanie's blog for ways that you can help. There's more information about how to help Melanie here and here.
- Make a donation to your local food bank, in honor of Melanie. Indianapolis readers, Gleaner's is a great place to make a donation.
- Donate blood. If you are in Indianapolis, there is a blood drive happening Saturday, July 30th at New Life Community Church on the north side. If you are interested in signing up, please leave a comment or send me an email and I will contact you with more information. No matter where you are, there is always a need for blood, so sign up and donate today.
- If you are so inclined, please keep Melanie and her family in your prayers.
Please, please, please, if you read this post, do at least one of the five things listed above. And if you do #3 or #4, please leave me a comment or email me and let me know. That is something that I would love to pass on to Melanie and her family - I think they would be encouraged to hear about others doing good in honor of Melanie and all the good she has done.
Thank you dear readers! Melanie - I am praying for you!
Read more: http://www.momforless.com/2011/07/do-something-post-for-melanie-cou...