This was inspired from a delightful woman I met at the grocery store the other day. She had a cart full of mangos. They looked beautiful!When I asked her what she was going to with all of the mangos she said she uses them in many recipes and especially loves to combine mangos with mint. She was right mangos and mint is perfect! We loved it.
- 1 lb Strawberries, chopped
- 2 Mangos, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Chopped (we got ti from our herb garden- so fun to pick herbs with the kids)
- Good Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Organic Heavy Cream
- 1 Tspn Vanilla
- 1.5 Tbsns Powdered Sugar
- Place mixing bowl and beater in the freezer.
- Chop strawberries and mangos (a fast mango tip: First cut it in half around the pit. Then cut the fleshy part into small squares then pop it out so the skin part of the mango is now inverted. Then run a knife along the the flesh part of the mango to remove it. ) I like to cut them so both fruits cuts are about the same size.
Tripp and Finn’s Jobs:
- Tear up the mint into small pieces. (reserve a few pieces to top your whip cream:-))Toss mint with Strawberries and Mangos. Add 1/2 Tbsn Powder Sugar and Toss. Put in Refrigerator.
- Measure Heavy Cream, Vanilla, and Powder Sugar.
- In you cold mixing bowl, add heavy cream and beat until you see peaks, add vanilla and powdered sugar. Make sure not to over-beat.
- Assemble Bowls Scoop vanilla ice cream top with strawberries and mangos, dallop with whip cream, and garnish with fresh mint!
This is so refreshing- especially for the hot heat we’ve had!
Enjoy! Until next time... Holly, Tripp, and Finn