Whether it is a spring craft, Earth Day craft or craft for Mother's day this planter is perfect and easy!
All you need to get started:
- Clean eggshell with just the top removed
- 1/2 cup potting soil
- 1 t. of grass, wheat or rye seed
- A 5-6 inch strip of cardstock
- Glue or Tape
- Decorate your strip of cardstock, fold and tape the ends together to make the base for your egg planter.
- With a small spoon fill the egg, almost to the top, with potting soil.
- Sprinkle the soil with your chosen seeds.
- Add a thin layer of potting soil on top.
- Very carefully, pour water over the soil. Try not to soak or overflow with water.
- Let your kids help you find a sunny location for the families new egg planter!
It will take approximately 1-2 days before the seeds begin to sprout and approximately 1-2 weeks before your egg planter will look like the picture shown above.
Jaime's Tip: Carefully draw a face on your egg with a marker to bring an extra dimension of life to your new eggshell planter!! You never know you may just end up with a little family of eggshells on your window sill!
Do you have an easy, family-fun craft for the spring? If so we are currently looking to feature family-fun crafts for children that relate to:
- Sping Crafts
- Earth Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts
Please send your family-fun crafts, along with any pictures, to us here.