Ahh, autumn. The leaves change colors and start to fall, the weather is cools down, school buses parade the streets, apple pies are a-bakin’, trips to the pumpkin patch, the sun retires sooner, and mornings have a cool bite to them. That’s when I know it’s time to start Fall Cleaning!
Fall Cleaning? What’s that?
So glad you asked! It’s like Spring Cleaning, but it’s in the Fall. (For those of you wondering, cobwebs do accumulate all year round, so you must clean them.) Why do a Fall Cleaning? I can give you 6 quick reasons…
- I LOVE autumn. The weather is still relatively nice, so you can still work outdoors and keep windows open without worrying about snow (for the most part anyway). Plus, the cool, crisp air is energizing, especially after this past long, hot summer heat.
- It will put your mind at ease. I know my mind is more “restful” once everything is cleared out and thoroughly cleaned, especially now that I have a crawling baby in the house.
- It makes your house much more manageable come Spring Cleaning time.
- It makes the holidays less stressful. (Read reason #2.)
- Your mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers and aunts (fill-in-the-blank) won’t have anything to complain about when they come to visit for the holidays. Well, maybe your cooking or how the kids are too rowdy, etc., etc.
- It’s a good workout.
I will be dividing this into a few different installments over the next couple of weeks. My tips to you are:
Read more of this post here.