For the planet that we love and for the children that we cherish
Turn-off TV and Power Down Week
April 19th – 25th
Here are some of the activities we’ve planned out for the week:
(Thank you PTA and our community for participating!)
Sunday the 19th – Barnes and Noble Kick-off
Monday the 20th
1) Craft Night at 7pm at Barnes and Noble
2) Outdoor games and in-door games
3) 2nd graders start their work on an invention project made from recycled materials
Tuesday the 21st –
1) Scavenger Hunt at 6pm (Barnes and Noble)
2) Scrap booking, mystery reader, Bowling, Cup-stacking tournament
Wednesday the 22nd
1) The beginning of the Green Generation Ca
mpaign . Can you believe that year
2010 will be the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day?
Do you think we’re on the road to
a) Renewable Energy;
b) Individual’s commitment to conservation;
c) Green Economy
[My uncle in the Philippines has invented a wind mill that can be used in people’s backyard to generate electricity(waiting for patent and funding) a windmill ]
2) Clean-up school grounds
3) Earth Day Celebration at 7pm (Barnes and Noble)
4) Night of the Stars” musical performances for the benefit of Ronald McDonald House
(Kids showcase their talents for the benefit of other people)
5)Disney Nature EARTH
will be in the theatres, Buy a ticket for opening week and Disney will plant a tree in your honor.
Thursday the 23rd
1) Hike, Bike, Zenwalk
to Mohawk Park
2) Barnes and Noble hosts Game Night at 7pm
Friday the 24nd Arbor Day
1) Trees make a world of difference
2) 2nd grader inventions will be presented at school.
3) Barnes and Noble hosts Fashion Show at 6pm
Saturday the 25th
1) Fun Race – Spring Scramble 1 mile run
2) KIDZZ Piano Studio
, founded by my 13yo, put together a 2nd piano recital where his 12 students will perform for their family and friends and donating scholarship money to deserving students from poor families in the Philippines.
The children will also donate to the food collection drive for our town’s Family Care Center.
“ Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone
Or weary of life. “ – Rachel Carson
In all the corners of this wonderful planet, COME JOIN US!