Here's an activity I like very much.
Come to kids learn at kiboomu daily
to check it out!
I like this worksheet because it teaches children to count from 1 to 10.
And, it also teaches them some vocabulary words.
Here's my suggestion on how to use the worksheet:
- Review the vocabulary with your child. Call out the words written at the bottom of the page, and have your child point to the matching image.
- Then, reverse it. Point to an image on the worksheet, and have your child find the matching word at the bottom of the page.
- Once you feel confident they can match up an image to a word, it's time to count! Have them count the number of each object, and write the number in the correct circle.
How'd they do?
Are they all warmed up?
Because now the really fun part begins.
We're going to see how smart they really are.
And, have a lot of fun doing it.
We're going to play BINGO!
Here's what you will need for this activity:
- A poster board
- Bingo markers (You can use buttons/pennies/raisins/rocks/foam pieces/candies)
- Prizes (This is optional. I like to go to the dollar store and get some silly prizes for them to win)
Once you have everything you need, you are going to have your child turn their poster board into a BINGO card.
In each square you are going to have your child do one of the following
- write a number from 1 to 10
- draw one of these images (as many as 1 to 10 times): horse, apple, tree, dog, butterfly, frog, star or moon.
- write one of these words: horses, apples, trees, dogs, butterflies, frogs, stars, or moon
This may take them awhile to complete.
I like to consider this an arts and crafts activity, which tells you how crafty I am!
While they are busy creating their BINGO card, you can go ahead and create a call sheet, and put the squares into a hat or bowl.
Your call sheet should include:
- numbers from 1 to 10
- number + image (e.g., 6 horses)
- word (e.g., apples)
Once their card is complete, it's time to play BINGO.
Have them cover the FREE space in the center of their card with a marker.
Pull out one square, read it and show it to the children.
Listen as the host calls out a letter and number such as "B-3."
Find the "B" column.
Look to see if you have a "3" in the column under the "B."
Place a marker over the "B-3" if you have it.
Listen as the host continues to call out letters and numbers.
Place markers over the letter and number combinations that appear on your card.
Yell out "BINGO!" as soon as you cover the numbers in a winning pattern - usually a straight line going
horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
Call out the numbers you've marked in your winning pattern when the host asks you.
Collect your prize from the host after the numbers are verified.
They must make a horizontal, diagonal OR vertical line to get a BINGO.
Have them scream out BINGO when they do!
Have a great time teaching your little ones to count and building their vocabulary skills!
It's Time To Learn, Laugh, Sing & Grow!