After a long break, I decided to do away with the internet for a year to cut expenses,I am back. In this last year so many things have changed and I shall say it may be a little rough at times but it is slowly getting better and more enjoyable.
Things that have happened in this last year during my break from a computer:
- My son TJ was officially diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in January.
- After more issues with our local school I decided to begin homeschooling TJ, we started in August.
- In addition to beginning homeschool we have replaced daily 15 minutes of Speech Therapy (school based) with private Speech Therapy for 45 minutes a week, I take him an hour from where we live but he absolutely loves going! We have also acepted home based education services so once a week for an hour a teacher comes to work with him as well as an Ocupational Therapist who comes for 20 minutes each week.
- I have heard so many new words from both kids which makes each day extremely happy! This year TJ has said Trick or Treat (last 2 months lol) and Merry Christmas (that may go on until Valentine's Day) but it puts a huge smile on my face hearing him say these since he only had 20 words in August 2011 and I was told would be all he would speak, I am so proud of him for proving the doctors wrong.
- We finally are getting some decent snow today and TJ and Talia are enjoying every flake falling down, can not wait to bundle up and go out to play.
- I closed my home child care in July, I am thankful for the extra time I get with my children now. And I have become a Pink Zebra Independent Consultant which I absolutely love!
- I have challenged myself for the upcoming year!!! I signed up for Team Up with Autism Speaks as part of the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and Neverland 5K, I am still working to raise money towards my goal (message if you would like the link, tax deductible!) I will be headed to California on Jan 17th and could not be more excited!
I am also working to begin another blog as a brand new start for me to ring in the New Year and thinking up ideas for it, feel free to help me brainstorm. Looking forward to this new start, new year and new me and getting back into blogging full force.