Motherhood – changes your perspective in general – your taste in food, music, color and even the TV programs that your binging on every weekend (that is..if you have time). Your Pinterest boards changed from Fashion to Kids and Parenting. Family becomes the vital part of motherhood. More often than not, mothers tend to prioritize family over themselves. So for today I want to share my list of #MomGoals that I wrote. To each her own. Goal setting can be a helpful, exciting, and a reinvigorating practice for mothers like us and women in general. :)
#MomGoals for Health and Beauty
- Eat healthy – watch what you eat and be wary of what it will do to your body.
- Exercise even when you’re at home. You don’t have to be inside a gym to work -out, there are tons of exercises that we can always follow online.
- Take care of your skin, nails and hair. Treat yourself with creams, lotions and vitamins even essential oils that are good for our body. The good thing about essential oils is that it is usually cost-effective and the results are amazing.
- Be your best fresh self.
- Smile and be positive.
#MomGoals for Career and Self-Development
- Read. There are lots of benefits when you develop the habit of reading. One of the advantages is, it increases our vocabulary and makes us a lot more articulate. PLUS: It melts away stress.
- Write a blog – like this. Write for yourself – the audience will come sooner or later. From time to time we need to look for a way to express ourselves I know other moms who paint or compose songs or cook and bake as a way of self expression.
- Try something new – whether a new restaurant, movie genre, recipe or even a fashion trend. Trying something new makes you know yourself more and it helps you widen the range of your choices too.
- Learn something technical.This one… is in my bucket list – and I am proud to say that I learned and I am still putting it into practice. :) Not because you already have a family to tend to means you’re no longer allowed to learn things.
#MomGoals Family and Relationships
- Break that techie habit. Hurray! I am (we) on it. Since we are doing our best to limit Ellie’s exposure and use of gadgets ,we also limit ourselves in using gadgets whenever we are at home or with family.
- Say I LOVE YOU. Expressing love and care to our family members is a must. It exudes positive vibes at home and nourish relationships 100% of the time :)
- Cook and/or bake for them.
- Family time = quality time. Don’t go out for dinners or arcade time just for the sake of having one. Make sure that we are giving a quality bonding with them.
- Find a good family activity that everyone will enjoy. :)
Reading my thoughts here are very easy – doing and incorporating these with our daily routine is a different story. Although we are setting goals that we want to accomplish – dedication and focus is needed 100% of the time. The challenge is how are we going to overcome the hurdles that might get in our way to do it.
What are your #MomGoals?
https://mrstagswrites.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/signature2.png?w=150 150x" sizes="(max-width: 229px) 100vw, 229px" />