For those of you who don’t know, my parents have owned a hairstyling studio for almost 30 years now and it has been one of the most fun parts of my ‘girly’ life. Growing up, I was able to experiment with hair color, styles, beauty products and more! A girls dream, right? I’ve had some of the best beauty products at my fingertips and that is why you most likely don’t hear me talking much about drugstore beauty products.
However, over the years, I’ve found myself in a pinch and needing something STAT (shampoo, powder, hairspray, soap, makeup…) and didn’t have time to go to the salon. So off to the drugstore I went and have to say, there are some great products out there for under $10! From the many products I’ve tried (and compared to the salon products), there are 5 products that haven’t left my ‘beauty routine’. These ‘Top 5 are a daily part of my life and I highly recommend each and every one of them!
Next time you are at the drugstore and need any of these items, try one of my recommendations below and let me know what you think!
1. TRESemme Shampoo- Smells good, lathers nicely, great for hair that is styled daily with heat styling tools (flat iron, curling iron, etc.), color protection, a great buy!
2. Max Factor Powder Foundation- It has a really soft look, not ‘cakey’ yet still covers blemishes really nice. Has a light-weight feel and is maybe $6 (depending on where you live).
3. Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray- The best anti-humidity protection! Long-lasting hold that makes your hair look natural with healthy-looking movement as well. Controls your style with frizz all day and is around $4!
4. Maybelline Great Lash ‘Very Black’- No clumps, No globs, thickens lashes, hypoallergenic, washes off nicely and is VERY black, which I happen to love! $5 (depending on where you live).
5. Dove Sensitive Skin Bar- All over body soap that is gentle enough for your face and doesn’t give you that ‘tight’ feeling. I’ve been using Dove Soap Products for years and years! The bar soap is awesome for your face and I like the liquid soap for my body.
YOUR TURN! Tell me one (or all) of your favorite Drugstore Beauty Products!