Okay - I never usually do things like this on my blog, but I'm feeling very taken by the holiday spirit - and wildly grateful for all that YOU give me by reading this blog, commenting with your brilliant and strong thoughts, telling your friends & colleagues about Writing Roads and being part of my community.
So, I'd like to give you a gift, but only one of you (even though I appreciate you all equally). But, it wouldn't be me if I made this really easy and un-fun. So here is your challenge and here are your steps to success:
1. Write a poem.
2. It has to rhyme (because I'm a huge fan of rhyming).
3. And it has to be at least 2 lines long.
4. It must be authentically YOU.
5. And it has to be nice (and you're all nice, so this shouldn't be an issue)
6. Flattery will probably get you everywhere.
7. Leave it in the comments below.
8. Get totally, blatantly judged by me and my posse (ie. Silas the Farting Dog who sits under my desk and loves me no matter what).
9. Hope and pray that you win (and feel free to bribe the judge with cash - me, not Silas).
I will pick the winner on December 23rd and get your prizes to you in nowhere near enough time for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or the Winter Solstice.
What? Oh...you want to know what you'll win? Is that all you can think about?
* The grand prize is the best popcorn popper EVER in the ENTIRE world (because I love popcorn...does anyone see a theme here?)
* A feature on this here blog with your winning poem and a singing of your praises (we can play around with this one depending on who you are, what you do and how this part of the prize will best suit you...). And tons of social media love on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn...wherever you like.
* My love and affection.
* AND...I'd be more than happy to offer more prizes (for funniest, most flattering, most female, most male - you name it...) and I'm positive I can get some (let me know if you want to offer your product, book or services) and I'll feature them below as we go...
GOOD LUCK...I'm breathless with anticipation.