It has been nearly two years since I've done a complete round of P90X so it's time once again to take on the challenge. In the meantime, I've completed Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme, and Turbo Fire, and a mix of all 4, including the P90X Plus workouts as well. In that time, I also became a certified personal trainer and I'm having a blast training others in my home or theirs in my local area. I just LOVE helping others get fit and healthy.
Due to an injury, and a busy training schedule, I actually let my own workouts diminish a bit. Now I am determined to get back into the P90X shape I was in last year.
If you are not familiar with P90X, It is a 90-day fitness and nutrition program created by fitness guru, Tony Horton (here is a link to his great no-nonsense blog) and put out by the company called Beachbody. Many celebrities have completed the program to get in shape for a big role or after having a baby.
Recent celebs bragging about P90X results include: Cheryl Crow, Pink, Demi Moore, Jennie Garth, Michelle Obama, and many more. Who doesn't want amazing arms like Mrs. President? Here is the program description along with a summary of all of the workouts that the program includes:
P90X includes 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. The secret is an advanced training technique called Muscle Confusion™, which accelerates your results by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus. Here’s what you get with P90X: 12 Diverse and Intense Workouts:
Plus, get these informative tools:
- P90X - 01 Chest & Back. Targeted strength and definition workout emphasizes two classic upper-body exercises.
- P90X - 02 Plyometrics. Explosive jumping cardio routine, proven to dramatically improve athletic performance.
- P90X - 03 Shoulders & Arms. A potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements that will leave you stronger and more defined.
- P90X - 04 Yoga X. Combines strength, balance, flexibility, and breath work to enhance your physique and calm your mind.
- P90X - 05 Legs & Back. Squat, lunge, and pull in a total-body workout like no other.
- P90X - 06 Kenpo X. Intense cardiovascular workout includes punching and kicking for endurance, balance, and coordination.
- P90X - 07 X Stretch. Achieve a higher level of athleticism, prevent injuries, and avoid plateaus.
- P90X - 08 Core Synergistics. Build and support the core while conditioning your body.
- P90X - 09 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Targeted strength and definition workout emphasizing two classic upper-body exercises.
- P90X - 10 Back & Biceps. Flex your powerful biceps, and focus on toning and tightening those showcase upper-body muscles.
- P90X - 11 Cardio X. Low-impact, fat-burning cardio routine.
- P90X - 12 Ab Ripper X. Sculpt an incredible six-pack and improve your physical performance.
And get these tools to keep you motivated:
- 3-Phase Nutrition Plan. Designed to help you lose fat, build lean muscle, and maintain high energy levels through each part of the program.
- P90X Fitness Guide. Packed with information and tools to help you set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay inspired.
- How to Bring It Video. Get a quick overview of the complete P90X Extreme Home Fitness training system.
Exclusive bonus workouts:
- P90X Calendar. Lets you know exactly what to do each day, set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
- Online Support. You'll have access to Tony and other fitness experts, and peer support from your fellow P90Xers.
90-Day Money-Back Guarantee Beachbody is so sure you'll love this program, they give you a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- If you order from me, you will receive 2 workout DVDs from the P90X ONE on ONE™ series. A $40.00 value—FREE!
So, are you ready to join me for the ultimate fitness challenge? I hope so. I'll be starting on January 3rd with the Bookieboo/Mamavation folks too. If you are not familiar with these great communities for women getting fit and healthy, go check them out at Bookieboo.com and Mamavation.com.
Even if you are not ready for this challenge, I hope you'll stop by to follow my progress and others in the challenge group. We are calling ourselves "Team Punishment" and we'll come up with some bad-ass nicknames too. Hmm, "Bad-Ass Jenn" has a nice ring to it. Feel free to send me other nickname ideas. And, you can shop by Team Beachbody site at CoachJennsFitness.net for all kinds of great workouts from beginner to advanced in level.
Have you tried P90X yourself? Let us know how it went for you.