I read this post today from Bored Mommy who is anything but boring. Someone left a bizarre comment about how being a Mommy (or Mummy) rather than a Parent, is somehow undignified and infantile. It's incredible, really.
I am Mummy, okay technically I' m a parent, a mother, but to my girls I'm Mummy and that's just the way it is.
Here's why I'm proud of being Mummy
1. I am proud that I gave birth twice in 18 months
2. I am proud that both me and my baby survived the first birth after a hideous hospital experience
3. I am proud I overcame PND to have a wonderful relationship with the Toddler
4. I am proud I chose a natural birth for the second baby, and that I gave birth in 3 hours with no pain relief (ok I'm also just a little bit smug about that too).
5. I'm proud that my girls are absolutely, unequivocally, completely, utterly and for ever the bright, shining lights of my life.