Looking for a delicious, quick, and easy dinner? Or just craving some Italian food tonight? This recipe is super easy and can be made in about 30 minutes! It serves about 6-8 people.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 Tbsp of flour
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 bag of Penne Rigate
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast tender loin (boneless)
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can of table cream (Nestle Media Crema)
- 1 green pepper*
- 2 large tomatoes*
- *You can replace the peppers and tomatoes with broccoli
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Slice the chicken into cubes and season them (about 3 pinches of seasoning over the chicken cubes).
- In a skillet, add the olive oil and the seasoned chicken cubes and cook them at medium-high heat until completely cooked throughout (take skillet with chicken off of the heat and set aside on an unused burner).
- In a saucepan, add the milk and butter and cook at medium heat for about 1 minute. Slowly add flour into the saucepan and stir with a wisk. Keep stirring and cook the sauce until the flour dissolves and the sauce thickens (3-5 minutes).
- Set the sauce aside.
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package ( I usually boil water in a quart size pot, add the pasta into the boiling water, and cook for about 12 minutes).
- Remove the seeds from both the green peppers and tomatoes, slice them into strips, and add them into the skillet with the chicken.
- Cook the veggies with the chicken for 1 minute at medium heat.
- Add the sauce into the skillet and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and keep cooking for 2 additional minutes (or until the cheese dissolves into the sauce).
- Reduce heat to low, add the table cream and cook for one more additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Remove pasta from the pot and put it into a serving bowl.
- Pour the chicken and veggies with sauce over the pasta and serve.
- Buon Appetito!