I stumbled across this recipe months ago. But it wasn't until a month ago that I finally made it. You see, when I come across a delicious looking recipe involving chocolate I can't help but read on. 'Tis my lot in life to be a *sigh* chocolate lover.
And this recipe is awesome. And I mean that in more than one way.
1. No sugar in it.
2. No dairy in it.
3. No wheat in it.
4. No cooking.
5. Absolutely awesome flavor, texture and it even presents well.
Now I suppose I should share the recipe....
a decent handful of raw nuts (peanut, cashew, walnut, pecans) or 1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 cup coconut butter or oil, softened
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
optional: shredded raw coconut, chopped nuts
1. Pull out your trusty food processor or a very good blender. I can't say that this recipe would be very manageable without one.
2. Put nuts (don't be too particular about exact quantity) in and blend till nice and pulverized.
3. Add softened coconut butter/oil and honey/maple syrup. If the two aren't softened in advance you'll have a huge super-sticky mess. Blend well.
4. Add vanilla and cocoa powder and blend well.
5. Add any other flavorings you might want (shredded coconut, chopped nuts) and blend till thoroughly mixed.
6. Line a deeper dish with parchment or wax paper. Smooth huge gooey mass of fudge into dish and pat smooth.
7. Set in frig to help it set.
8. Cut slab into pieces or take scoops by the spoonful.
9. And enjoy!
*We keep ours refrigerated and pre-cut these days.
Join me at RosieDreams, where I share my approach to frugal, simple and green family living.