School bus is one of the safest modes of travel for children.If your child is using school bus,teach him some important and good rules to follow.
- Every child should know about the danger zones and should always stay away from them.
- Teach children about the rules while crossing the road.
- When your child is near the school bus he should have the attention of the driver.
- Never allow children to play near or around the school bus.
- When crossing in front of the bus,children must measure and take atleast 10 big steps in order to identify the danger zone.
Getting On the Bus
- Always reach the bus stop 10 minutes before the actual pick up time.
- Find a safe place away from the road and wait for the bus.
- Wait for the bus to stop before getting on board.
- Board the bus carefully holding the side rail carefully.
- Do not push or shove your friend.
- Find a vacant seat and sit on it quietly.
- Keep your school bag on your lap.Remember not to keep your bag at a place where other children can trip over.
- Never put your hand,arms or head out of the window.
- If you are standing,hold on to the safety rails tightly.You should also face the front of the bus.
- Do not distract the driver.
- Always listen to and follow the instructions given by the driver.
Getting Off the Bus
- Get off slowly holding the handrails.
- Do not push or shove your friends.
- After getting down you must walk and not run.Go right home.
- Never go behind the bus or stand in front of the bus.
Safety Rules for Parents
- If possible,accompany your child to and from the bus stop.
- When crossing road,always hold your child's hand especially if he is under 10.
- Before crossing,be sure you check the traffic lights and flash signals.
- Wait for the traffic to clear or stop before you cross the road.
- Walk across the road and turn your head both ways to watch and listen to traffic.You must walk and never run on the road.
- If you are driving,always slow down near school bus stop areas and places where children are standing and playing.