It is a good thing that we now have a lot of tooth whitening systems that are effective as well as safe. With these teeth whitening products, we now do not have to spend as much or expose our teeth to potential problems. Here are some practical home teeth whitening tips that you can follow. Take note that these tips for tooth whitening help whiten teeth, prevent discoloration and encourage natural treatments.
1.The first tip is about how well you protect your teeth from discoloration: Be sure to have dental checkups regularly. Don’t await your dentist to set an appointment for you; know when you need to go for regular cleaning and other regular teeth maintenance procedures.
Setting a strict dental hygiene is also important especially if you smoke. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Carry not just your toothbrush with you but also your dental floss. These can help prevent the build-up of plaque, thus, help you avoid teeth bleaching needs more than necessary.
2. Know which drinks cause teeth staining. Coffee, colas and teas are among the top culprits when it comes to staining and discoloring teeth. Nicotine from cigarettes also causes staining. Be sure to sip water or rinse of your mouth with plain water after each drink of coal, tea or coffee.
3. For natural teeth whitening tips, you can maximize fruits such as strawberries. Mash up some strawberries and rub them on the teeth. Leave them for at least five minutes and you get an instant teeth whitener. The insides of an orange peel can also be used as natural bleaching product. Rub the insides of the peel to your teeth or mix it up with lemon juice and salt.
4. Among the many teeth whitening tips, you have already probably heard about baking soda. You can use toothpastes with baking soda content or you can make your own. Mix the maxing soda with a little salt and you get to have cheap yet effective tooth whiteners.
5. Avoid mouthwashes if you can. Mouthwashes can cover bad breath smell but it cannot help you in terms of teeth whitening. Mouthwashes are known to contain alcohol and other chemicals as well. Together, these can create stains on the teeth.
6. One of the very basic but important natural teeth whitening tips is to drink a lot of water. Drinking water not just rinses the mouth but also helps wash away colored food and drink particles that tend to stain teeth. Make it a habit to drink water or at least rinse your mouth with water after every meal or snack.
7. It is also important to eat a lot of raw foods such as fruits and vegetables. Try to avoid processed foods or fastfoods. Not only can you get whiter teeth in the process but you can also avoid unhealthy eating and cavity buildup.
Follow the seven natural tooth whitening tips above and you will be on your way to stain-free teeth. You can also make use of home tooth whitening products such as teeth whitening pens, teeth whitening gels and strips. Just be sure to get from trusted brands that do not carry whiteners with corrosive properties.