The Christmas Holiday Season is upon us and time is running out to snag that perfect Christmas gift! Although last minute christmas shopping has become a known and accepted part of our holidays, it still puts a strain on us to come up with that perfect (and last minute) gift. Whether it be a family member, friend, boss or colleague that we are shopping for, we are sure to come up with a special and meaningful gift to give.
The procrastinators no longer have to give the traditional last minute gifts. There are many options to choose from to place an unique and artistic spin to those gifts. Here is a list of my top "out of the box" last minute gifts:
Gift Cards/Certificates: A traditional last minute gift has been to give a restaurant or retail gift card. Instead of the "norm" try these ideas out:
- Give a day at the Spa (free massage and/or facial)
- Certificate to Hair Salon for free haircuts (great gift for men that are hard to buy for)
- Restaurant certificate to a Tea Room (making dining out a treat)
- Movie theatre certificates ( fix a gift bag with candy and snacks for the movies and insert the movie theatre certificates inside)
- Pet grooming certificate (free pet haircut and nails trimmed, etc)
- Nail Salon Gift Certificates (free pedi and mani)
- Driving School Certificate (free driving course - great for those teenagers just learning)
- Car Wash Certificate (free car washes or free detailing)
- Gym Membership (great for the fitness buff - or wanna be!)
- Parking Pass (Free parking pass for those that live in a city)
- House Cleaning (hire a professional housekeeper for someone)
Gift Clubs: This is the gift that keeps on giving all year around!
- Wine of the month club
- Cheese of the month club
- Pet treat of the month club
Homemade Gifts: Homemade gifts are always a good alternative to buying a present.
- Cookie Mix Jar
- Cocoa Mix
- Homemade cookies or candy (place in decorative tin or on a decorative tray)
Online Gifts: Don't like getting out in the crowd? Try ordering your gifts online. Worried about the time constraint? Try these ideas:
- Purchase online Magazine Subscription (opt to send a gift message via email)
- Buy it, Print it and Give it! Buy the gift online, print off a picture of the gift on your computer and place the picture in a pretty card with a message tht the gift will be arriving soon.
- eGift cards - To make your printable certicate seem well thought out, place it in an item that references where it will be used. Example: Tickets to a movie theatre, tuck inside of a DVD or attach to candy.