1. The outdoors are calling you!
2. Fresh air does wonders for you and your family.
3. It saves electricity.
4. If you get up…you might just get some exercise.
5. It’s keeping you from being productive.
6. There’s nothing good on.
7. You’ve got a stack of books waiting to be read.
8. Heck, make your own drama.
9. You’ve been wanting to sit down and write for a while now.
10. Life is too short!
* For a little background, we’re a family who chooses not to have a TV. I find that without a television my husband and I are much happier and a whole lot more productive. (I won’t speak for my girls…I’m sure they’ll read this later in their lives and question my sanity.)
And now that the weather is warming up, it just feels natural to keep busy doing anything but parking in front of the tube. That said, every few months, my husband and I slip into week-long spells where our brains crave the down-time that movies and TV shows provide. (Um, anyone know when the next season of Top Chef starts? And yes, we’ve mastered avoiding ads to watch most TV shows and movies online.)
So when those couch potato spells arrive, we go with it. But when they pass (and they always do), we get up and run with the ideas that naturally flow. And it feels right for us.
Anyone else out there not have a TV? Anyone else not watch their TV?