As parents, we want our children to feel at ease and comfortable especially in new surroundings.
With that said, I have listed some tips to make a child’s back to school transition easier.
• Prep your family and get everyone in back-to-school mode. This will reduce tons of headaches down the line
• If your child’s school sends home informational forms to fill out. Don’t wait, get all contact info up to date
• Getting back into school mode can be a challenge for everyone in the family, simply ease into the routine by starting it early
• Be positive about going back to school. If your child is anxious about starting a new grade, reassure them that it’s okay and his/her classmates probably feel the same way
• Set-up school day schedules for homework, playtime, bath and bedtime
• For younger children, read books together about going to school (or back to school). It is good to talk about any anxieties, fears or excitement they may be feeling
What tips work for you and your family? Feel free to share.