People always talk aout the down sides of being a single parent and although I'll admit there are some like having to deal with a parent you may not get along with, financial struggles, child support issues and the genral stress that comes from being a parent. Add on top of all of that the extra stress that comes with being a single parent and you sometimes forget to think about the good because we get so caught up in everything else. Being a single parent doesn't have to be a bad thing, it doesn't have to be negative and truthly there are a lot of upsides to being a single parent......
The Upsides Of Being A Single Parent
1. There's Nobody To Fight With - Okay technically this isn't completly true but when the other person doesn't live with you its a lot easier to just put the phone down and turn off all the lights if you don't want to deal with them.
2. You Get The Final Say - At least where my son is involved this is true. I have sole legal and physically custody of him so desicions regarding his well being are in the end my desicion to make.
3. There's No "But dad said" - I'm sure everyones dealt with this at least once or twice but I can say that I never have more or less because my son doesn't have a relationship with his dad. What I say goes....
4. Knowing I did It On My Own - Knowing that I can and am raising an amazing little boy on my own.
5. Being In Control Of My Own Money - There may never be enough but at the end of the month if the money that is supposed to be there isn't the only one i have to blame is myself!
6. More Quality Time -
7. I know My Son Better Then Anyone - I'm the one who has been there since day one. I know his likes, his dislikes, the face he makes when he doesn't feel good and when he's pulling my leg. I know him better then anyone else.
8. I Get To Decide How He Will Be Raised - And I sure as hell am raising a loving, open and happy little boy.
The thing is I could sit here all night and list the upsides of being a single parent but the truth is I've never really looked at it as there being a downside. I'm proud of the mother that I am and I'm even prouder knowing that I can do it on my own. I love my little boy, I love the independence that we share and I can't imagine life any other way.