Happy Birthday, America…and Happy July 4th to all!
Whether you are on the road or close to home, enjoy the day and stay safe!
I looked through Show Me How! and found the perfect dessert to serve on this auspicious day…it’s quick, easy, healthy and…RED, WHITE and BLUE!
CHILD-FRIENDLY RAINBOW FRUIT AND RICE PUDDING PARFAITS
Color does lift one’s mood…help your child create a multi-colored dessert for the entire family to enjoy…when everyone compliments this delicious and beautiful treat, your child’s self-esteem will be lifted also.
You will need: 1½ cups cooked white rice (you can use brown rice for more nutrition another time…we want the white for the red, white and blue), ¼ cup honey, ½ cup coconut flakes, ½ cup sliced strawberries, ½ cup blueberries, 1 sliced banana, 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, a large bowl and 4 parfait glasses.
1. Mix the rice, honey, yogurt and coconut in a large bowl.
2. Drop a spoonful of this mixture into each parfait glass.
3. Now spoon in some sliced bananas and cover with another spoonful of the rice mixture.
4. Add a spoonful of sliced strawberries and cover with the remaining rice mixture.
5. Top with blueberries.
6. Makes 4 servings…refrigerate any leftovers.
7. Creative tip: you can substitute other fruits and or yogurt flavors.
If this is the type of recipe you enjoy preparing, treat yourself to a copy of my award-winning book, Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking. There are 100 simple child-friendly healthful cooking activities AND 100 easy eco-friendly craft projects. And that’s not all…you’ll find picture book summaries of the 100 books every young child should hear! You deserve a hassle-free summer with your kids…be good to yourself and them and grab a copy at 50% off the cover price and you will have fresh ideas and activities for the entire summer and beyond! Click on this link.