I know I know, but it’s fun! Hey, Tightwad likes to eat out as much as the next person but… Eating out can be anything from a really expensive treat to a really bad habit. Here are some ideas to consider the next time you look longing into your fridge for dinner to magically appear:
10. Use a coupon book to get 2 for 1 deals or free appetizers.
9. Eat at establishments that offer frequent diner discounts. Ask for a card and get it punched every time you order.
8. Check out kid friendly eateries that often offer free or value priced meals for kids.
7. Have your dinner at lunch; things are less pricey on lunch menus.
6. Consider having an appetizer or salad for your main meal.
5. Pay attention to specials – they are often value priced and made with seasonal ingredients.
4. Order in. Often if you pick it up at the restaurant there is a discount on the meal and you’ve avoided paying restaurant prices for your vino.
3. Get a doggie bag. That’s lunch for tomorrow!
2. Menu planning Monday! Get yourself organized and do a good grocery shop.
1. Share a meal. Cut down on calories and price, and you don’t have to leave feeling really really full and really broke. My hubs and I (well, specifically I) like to share a salad and then a main – if we can agree on what to order of course.