What kind of men do women want? The answer could take ten lifetimes but here is a sampling of answers my counseling profession has yielded over the last thirty years. Oh, by the way, thirty years was the same amount of time Freud pondered the broader question what does a woman want
- Women want fidelity. They don't want a guy flirting with their best friend or worst enemy.
- Women want a man they can depend on. If he says "I'll call you," he does.
- Women want a guy who doesn't drink too much.
- Women want a guy who's a good kisser. Seriously.
- Women want a man who makes them laugh, not mad.
- Women want a man who helps around the house, a lot.
- Women want an assertive, confident man not a passive, aggressive or passive-aggressive man.
- Women want a guy who smells clean and sexy and smiles.
- Women want a man who can be a good father or kind stepfather to their children.
- Women want a man who finds them beautiful and says so.
- Women want a man who gives them space and affection.
- Women want a guy who admits when he's hurt them; says he's sorry and means it.
- Women want a man who respects them and what they do, whether they work outside or inside the home.
- Women want a man who gets them.
Now, had Freud been a little more into sports, he might have realized that if a man wants to score points with his best girl he needs to do something that gets him points on the scoreboard. Unless, that is, he wants to end up in the penalty box or worse - kicked out of the game altogether!
Mary Jane Hurley Brant, M.S., CGP
Author of When Every Day Mattershttp://www.MJHB.nethttp://www.WhenEveryDayMatters