Advertisement

Nanit - The Baby Monitor That Thinks

Hello everyone. I just started a blog and joined mombloggersclub.com, I'm new to the world of blogging although I have been a lurker on blogs for years. I never posted comments or thought I was interesting enough to have my own blog. Anyway now that I have started looking into ways to get people to come see my blog I realize that there is this entire world that I am clueless to. Twitter? Digg? Spending Money? Advertisement? Very overwhelming!

Anyway I'm just looking for advice....how did you infiltrate the blogging community? Do blogs actually make money (I thought it was a hobby thing)?

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to blogging!! Joining here is a great start to becoming part of the community! I also recommend Entrecard. You don't have to make money with your blog and certainly there are loads of bloggers who do it purely for fun and that's great! Many of us also treat blogging like a business and hope to grow it into a money maker (I fall into this category)

Don't feel you need to jump on every bandwagon to be successful - just do what you love, write great posts and the rest will follow! Contact me anytime, I'm always willing to help and so are the rest of the fantastic mommies here....don't feel shy!
Yep welcome to the fascinated and addictive world of blogging. Its not just the money making stuff that is beneficial plus that takes more time, but the friendships, the stress relief and much more are great "perks" too. I too would be happy to help you anytime.
Welcome to blogging! I've had my blog since December 2005, and I am still learning new things all the time. I can't give you advice about monetizing since I just blog for fun, but if you want to build a readership, the best advice I can give you is to comment, comment, comment. That's how you let people know you're out there. I've made some wonderful friendships in the blogging community, and I hope you will, too.
You're on the right track! Joining MBC is a great step to meeting other bloggers and getting traffic to your site. It's work though! You really can't just sit back and expect it to happen. Comment, comment, comment! Everyone loves getting comments and will usually, in turn, comment on your site.

It is overwhelming and even after a year I'm still learning:)
Thanks for the replies everyone, because of Ike I haven't been back online. No power at my house, I'm actually at my pffice charging my cellphone and checking emails!
Welcome to the blogging community. The key to getting blog visitors is really just being a part of the social media community as a whole. Being on twitter, facebook, linkedin or any of these things helps you in making connections. it's a process. It's more than going around to different blogs and leaving comments. Blogging is a medium that is part of a larger community. People find my blogs through various mediums; twitter, plurk, facebook, the podcasts I host and co-host, flickr and when I go to meetups, conferences and podcamps; I always take business cards with me and I promote my blogs.

I would highly suggest going to meetup.com and look for a bloggers group in your area. Whatever blogging platfform you use; I would also suggest finding a meetup group of individuals who use the same blogging platform you use.

Don't focus on monetizing your blog; no one is getting rich from their blog (unless your Robert Scoble or Leo Laporte); however, if your blog content is good, other opportunites may stem from your blog which may create some money, but I wouldn't make that your focus. Just take the time to get involved in the social media community and work on producing good content.

What is the focus of your blog?

One last thing - try not to get swept up and box yourself in the "mommy blogger" title. You are a blogger, so don't be afraid to branch out and join other blogging groups that are non-mommyblogger related.

I hope this helps you.....
hey me too. I'm new. I twitter and use Entrecard for traffic. I got addicted to entrecard though and need to get away from it. You can make lots of money, but you have to have traffic. SOmething I haven't figured out yet. I signed up at snapbomb.com just to see how many people visit my site in a single day.
I'm glad I found this. I've been blogging for a few months and am registered EVERYWHERE. I'm not concerned with making money (but I wouldn't scoff at it either) but I really want the readers. I comment on others like crazy and just joined Entrecard but I have no clue how to use it :) I think the best part about blogging is the community. I was afraid that it'd be highly competitive but I've found nothing but kindness. Everyone has something different to share and everyone is willing to help. Can't wait to meet everyone!
I started last April as a way to write about my pregnancy and my oldest. I am now hooked and write about many different things than just my 2 princesses. Lately however, I only have time to write about my girls, because any other planned posts I have no time for! I am still learning it does get overwhelming sometimes. There is so much to learn and I am trying my best to learn about it!
I am new to all this too! I'm so clueless when it comes to blogs lol.
I just made my blog a few days ago and I'm having so much fun looking at other blogs.
I would love to use my blog to make some extra income for my family but have no idea where to even begin.
I love to manipulate graphics and make different things, but I don't make the graphics myself so I can't charge money for it.
I use Paint Shop Pro and have been using it for many years now.
I'd love to get into some kind of crafting...But it would have to be easy lol.
So I really don't know what to do with my blog yet.
I do know that I am having fun at looking at everyone's blog, I enjoy reading about every1.

RSS

Keep In Touch

Latest Activity

OFFERS

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Events

© 2021   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service