Launched in 2007 and 24,000 strong we are the oldest and largest social network for moms who blog. Join us and network with fellow moms.

FEATURED THIS MONTH

LEARNING CORNER

Make great photos even better with PicMonkey

Divine Theme

I'd love to make some money with my blog.

Right now I have a few affiliate buttons and then I have buttons from friends or past giveaway sponsors.

Do you sell advertising on your blog?

I want to support my fellow bloggers and fellow mompreneurs so I've just been putting their buttons up. But I was thinking I need to streamline things or it'll get out of hand and I will enver make money (and my site will look cluttered).

So I was thinking, for those that sponsor a giveaway, I'd put their button up for free for a month.

Then I will have a paid section. And for blogs that I love, like friends etc, I will just have a text line link.

How do you organize buttons/advertising on your blog? MAHALO!
Sarah
Ohana Mama Blog
www.ohanamamablog.com

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Ohama..
The only thing that'll help u make sum money is traffic.. u'll have to make sure that u have atleast 50-60 visitors per day (minimum).. aI think u could go for adsense.. place the adsense code on ur blog and the more the clicks from different IP addresses the more u get from google.. I used to earn $35-40 per month coz of google adsense (traffic was sumthin around 40-50 per day)
If u dont mind spending a little - u cud buy a small button on www.blogertize.in it'll give u adspace for 3 years for as low as $15.
I'd suggest go for both - blogertize wud help with traffic and adsense would help u make sum money when this traffic clicks on adsense.
Cheerz
@ Ohana - I like ur idea.. it could be implemented but as of now I don't have that many visitors so before I have enough traffic I'll have to give these buttons for free

@ telma.. even I have already reserved a button on www.blogertize.in
I purchased a $40 button - given the fact that its a one time charge for a 3 year period - shdn't make much of a difference
And u're right about adsense- It will definitely help u make some money if u have constant traffic flowing in.. as of now I have around 20-25 unique vistors perday. Hoping that once blogertize launches I'll have some more comin in..
Hey looks like quite a few mommy bloggers are looking for sum ad revenue via their blogs..
Nice thread started by Ohana I'd say
Cheerz
Right now I have on average 150 visits- some days more some days less.
Hey ohana.. thats actually nice.. by 150 visitors.. i hope u mean visitors with different IP addresses.. If yes, then I'm surprised, u don't use the services of google adsense... will help u make some money darling..
Yup, I meant Absolute Unique Visitors.

I had google analytics adsense on my site before. Guess I should put it back on. Where do you all place yours to get clicks?

Mahalo!
Hey Ohana.. analytics will just give u the no:of unique visits per day.. just place it above the body (bottom) of the page..
also download the adsense code and place it onto ur blog - its free and will u make sum revenue. with 150 visits.. ur monthly revenue will be decent I guess
Oops, still early here so i am not awake yet...I do have GA already but I guess i should put ADSENSE back on. Where do you have your adsense placed to get a good amount of clicks? i don't want it to interfere with the rest of the content but do want clicks ;)
Hey ohana..
I think u've got 2 options - either at the bottom of the page or maybe left or right side of the page... I suggest u go for the latter coz there is no guarantee that the visitor wud go till the end of the page..
Also if u don't mind spending another $10 for a 3 year adspace, Bindu has started a thread called "Lets make some money mommies"... just join it as of now there are 4 mommies, and require 8 more to avail a 33% discount on the adspace..
Cheerz

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service