Advertisement

Nanit - The Baby Monitor That Thinks

Once I start writing, I find it hard to stop - so my posts tend to be on the long side. What is good blogging etiquette? When working to gain an audience, should I keep it short and sweet? Does seeing a long post turn readers off before they even start reading?

Here's a sample of my writing so you know what I'm talking about http://www.3mommies.com/2008/07/02/eye-scream/

-- Anna

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read some of your posts, and I definitely recommend breaking the posts into several short paragraphs.
It depends on what it is about. However, I usually like when things are kept short, sweet and right to the point. :)
Most of the time...yes, unless the topic, or the title, or the first paragraph got my attention.
If it was my first time visiting your blog I would walk away from a post like that...but if you have already captured me as a reader and I like your style I'd definitely hang around. I have little time and like to hit a variety of blogs in one sitting so too many words with no pictures definitely turn me off.
I tend to prefer shorter posts unless it's a topic I'm really interested in.
I think it depends on the information being presented. I tend to skip over long posts on personal blogs, but will read a longer post if it is on a subject matter that I am curious about. On my blogs, the length of posts varies quite a bit. My travel blog seems like it is usually going to have longer posts because there is a bit more material to cover in a post. However, my money saving blog will usually be shorter posts because it's usually just a short note about a money saving opportunity. One thing that turns me off from long posts is if they are one big paragraph. I need to see proper punctuation and paragraph structure to keep me interested in reading.
It depends on how well I know the blogger, if that is their typical style, and a few other things. Short and sweet will help you retain readers, but if you are mostly journaling, then it shouldn't matter.
Yes, I don't read long blog posts. Here's an example of a blog that keeps it short and sweet.

http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/
really all depeds. if it is something that interests me, dont really care how long the post is BUT the post MUST have pictures ...lots of em hehehe. what i normally do with long posts is, unless a subject of my interest, skim-read. go to good part:) i dont normally do long posts unless necessary.

RSS

Keep In Touch

Latest Activity

Tanya Acevedo updated their profile
yesterday
Macie Satterfield is now a member of Mom Bloggers Club
yesterday
Betsy Smith commented on Shasta Lynn Walton's group 'Low Entry Giveaways - UNDER 100'
Friday
Profile IconRita Smith and Chiara Howard joined Mom Bloggers Club
Thursday

OFFERS

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Events

© 2021   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service