Advertisement

Nanit - The Baby Monitor That Thinks

Is it necessary to backup our blog (s)?? I don't do that.

Do you backup your blog (s)...? If yes, how do you backup your blog?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good question... I don't but do we need to? I'll be curious to read the responses.
Yes...i also curious if we need to backup our blog or not. Just wait...maybe other mom's blogger know our answer :D
Hmmmmmmm, ya know what? I don't actually. Perhaps i should though. I likely will do so soon since i plan to overhaul their designs. I too will be anxious for one of our genius mommy's to tell us what they do to back it up lol.
Ummm- I'm not a computer geek, but I believe it's all stored on our hosts' site (i.e Blogger) so i don't think there's even a way for us to back it up. I do plan to use that service "Blog2print" to get a hard copy.
Um, kinda. As in, I email all my posts to a separate gmail account so that I have them just in case.
Your question got me nervous for a minute there,l ike: "OMG!! I'm supposed to be backing it up??!!!" But I see no one really does it. Now that you mention it though, I actually do remember reading something a while back that said you should back up your blog. But other than pasting the posts into Word docs like Bekkah mentioned, I'm not sure how.
I host my own wordpress blog and definitely run back-ups - daily SQL backups and weekly full backups. I use a wordpress plugin that takes care of it for me behind the scenes.

At this point, I'm not really sure how good the plugin is since I've never had to recover from a major crash (kind of like how you don't know how good your car insurance is until you need to file a claim). But I sleep better knowing that something is being backed up! :)
wow...nice system. Do you know how to backup in blogger???? ^__^

MicheleD said:
I host my own wordpress blog and definitely run back-ups - daily SQL backups and weekly full backups. I use a wordpress plugin that takes care of it for me behind the scenes.

At this point, I'm not really sure how good the plugin is since I've never had to recover from a major crash (kind of like how you don't know how good your car insurance is until you need to file a claim). But I sleep better knowing that something is being backed up! :)
YES! I export an XML file about every other day, using WordPress's dashboard, but I also use FTP to back up ALL my files about once as week.
It's been years since I used a Blogger hosted blog, but I found this link online that might be useful:
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/11/back-up-your-blogge...

Juliana RW said:
wow...nice system. Do you know how to backup in blogger???? ^__^

MicheleD said:

LOL! When I saw this question I thought, "Crap, am I supposed to do that?" But after reading the responses I was happy to see I am not alone!

I will have to check around and see if there is a way to do it in blogger!
Let me know if you found something to backup for blogger. Ok!. And i'll do the same to you also.

Jenni said:
LOL! When I saw this question I thought, "Crap, am I supposed to do that?" But after reading the responses I was happy to see I am not alone!

I will have to check around and see if there is a way to do it in blogger!

RSS

Keep In Touch

OFFERS

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Events

© 2021   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service