Launched in 2007 and 24,000 strong we are the oldest and largest social network for moms who blog. Join us and network with fellow moms.

FEATURED THIS MONTH

LEARNING CORNER

Make great photos even better with PicMonkey

Divine Theme

How much do you think links (internal or external) help your blog?

What do you do to get links, reciprocal or otherwise?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They help me quite a bit, and i see it everyday from technorati and from my statscounter. It's insane to see how many people actually link to you, and when I can, i most definitely return the love.

For example, I am getting link love today from a guest post here http://tinyurl.com/58hxmm

I think the more connections and relationships you form with other bloggers, the more they link to you, because they want to show everyone else how awesome they think you are:)
Very good advice...I'm fairly new at this - but that helps to justify keeping it up! :)

Brittany said:
They help me quite a bit, and i see it everyday from technorati and from my statscounter. It's insane to see how many people actually link to you, and when I can, i most definitely return the love.

For example, I am getting link love today from a guest post here http://tinyurl.com/58hxmm

I think the more connections and relationships you form with other bloggers, the more they link to you, because they want to show everyone else how awesome they think you are:)
I am pretty new, but it seems like most of my traffic is coming from links on fellow bloggers pages! I like to think that at least some of them are going to come back again!
I agree - I"ve been commenting on other Mom's blogs a lot, and all of a sudden mine is getting lots of traffic too...win win. It's nice to be able to read and not always write too, and hear another's opinion. Thanks for the comment

Jenni said:
I am pretty new, but it seems like most of my traffic is coming from links on fellow bloggers pages! I like to think that at least some of them are going to come back again!
This is something I need to work on! I'm just a little lost as to how to go about it. I'm interested to see what others have to say :)
Tip: create a signature that goes out with all your emails, even your replies that has a link to your blog.
Both kinds are important for different reasons. I agree that commenting on other blogs can enhance traffic but don't become a comment whore, where you only comment for traffic or for a link back. I guarantee you the blog owner will know.

If you care about Google, reputation, etc....I recommend you show link love to similar blogs or reputable websites. For anything else, you might consider adding the nofollow link. Otherwise, just link to who you want:)

To get links (backlinks), you can always ask for one. Submit guest posts. Some will give you a link back for reviewing their blog, service, etc.
I must be entirely new, but what is a nofollow link? Does anyone know? lol, hope this isn't a stupid question.

Great advice Lori!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service