Launched in 2007 and 24,000 strong we are the oldest and largest social network for moms who blog. Join us and network with fellow moms.

FEATURED THIS MONTH

LEARNING CORNER

Make great photos even better with PicMonkey

Divine Theme

I'm thinking I like the wp layout better. Would I lose everything by making a change?

And what do you like better about WP?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WP have a nice layout but I don't understand completely how it is work.... Since beginning I have blogger so....everytime i want create another account, I thought about WP BUT in the end i go back to blogger. It is simple to understand how it is work... LOL. At least that is for me.
It is possible to move and it is also possible to transfer all your current blog posts. Wordpress offers tons of great options for personalizing your blog. I actually offer this as a service "You can find out more info here http://awriterforhire.com/wordpress-installation/
No, you can migrate over to WP very easily...and WP is so much more "powerful" than Blogger...so many more controls and templates, etc.
Would I be able to keep my subscribers? Probably not, right. And what about my graphics? Going to check out your link :)

Alyssa said:
It is possible to move and it is also possible to transfer all your current blog posts. Wordpress offers tons of great options for personalizing your blog. I actually offer this as a service "You can find out more info here http://awriterforhire.com/wordpress-installation/
I love WP. I couldn't decide when I started and now I'm glad I went with it. I do know that you can transfer your blog from Blogger to WP. That's one of the first questions I remember being asked when I started my account. The only downfall that I've seen so far with WP is that you can't use anything that is Java Script. They just don't allow it....period. That leaves alot of widgets and extras out that you can use on other blog spots. However, that's the only issue I see and I still have a bunch of button, widgets and other items on my blog. (Just not Java!!)
I agree that if you get WP you should go with a self-hosted on your own domain site, which gives you more options and flexibility. If you have your graphics yes they can be used again. Contact me for more info alyssaavant@gmail.com

Bekkah said:
I'm with Elaine on this one...I love WP, I had NO problems importing my old posts over from Blogger (although some of the spacing did get a bit messed up), BUUUUT...the fact that not all widgets and buttons work on my site is very frustrating.

I think if you pay for the WP site, that will no longer be an issue, but for now the free sites do no allow it. I have found that if I enter my own html coding and do a bit of extra work on my part I can make some things work, but overall it's the one flaw that I've found.

Good luck :)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service