On Sale Color Your Spring 2019

I've been reading a lot of articles lately about Google PR and how to raise it. Is it really that big of a deal? Should I stress out about it, or go on my merry way?
What about you? Do you work your hardest to raise your pr? If so, what kind of methods do you employ?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know for a lot of people it is an issue -- for me, I had to make the decision that I didn't need another thing to worry about. So what if Google hasn't even heard of me -- my mama knows who I am & thinks I'm great!
It depends on what you're trying to achieve with your blog. If you are looking for higher status, more money, then yes PR does matter. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

To get a higher PR, it's important to get backlinks, especially from higher PR sites.
I ended up with an ok score and I don't know why or how - I didn't do anything to get it there so I guess I'm not stressing about it! it is what it is.....of course, if it went away I might sing a different tune ;)
ok.. I think my rank is pretty good.. lots of people find me through Google searches. if that's a sign. and when I follow their link its usually the first page.. but how do I find out what my page rank is?
go to http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php and plug in your url

Dana (The Homesteading Housewife) said:
ok.. I think my rank is pretty good.. lots of people find me through Google searches. if that's a sign. and when I follow their link its usually the first page.. but how do I find out what my page rank is?
I think people stress too much over the whole Google rank thing. I think that if you write from your heart & people like it then good things will come :-)
Explain to me, what is a "good" rank? What is it based on? (Who thinks I am clueless? You're right! :) )
Elizabeth said:
I think people stress too much over the whole Google rank thing. I think that if you write from your heart & people like it then good things will come :-)

Thats exactly the way I like to think! :)
From what I read, rankings are on a 1-10 scale; 10 being the highest. I guess it's based on the amount of links your blog has on the internet. (If I'm wrong here, please correct me.)
I am leaning on the side of "Don't worry; Be happy!"
I just don't want to work and work and work to see a silly number get closer to 10. ya know?

Morningside Mom said:
Elizabeth said:

Thats exactly the way I like to think! :)
If you're not trying to be noticed, not looking for a job, who cares what is on google. If you do it for the fun of doing it the whole Google thing doesn't really matter. Now if you are a writer or a reviewer looking for work or someone who uses their blog to make money, Heck Yeah it's a big deal!
I didn't even know about it... I guess I don't really stress about it. I will have to see what it is all about just because I am curious as to what it is about... I guess I need to know all!
I didn't even know about this until this post and I went to check and I am not doing great by their standards, but than again it's not their standards I am trying to blog to. I swear I learn something new every day about the blogging world.

RSS

Latest Activity

LEARNING CORNER

© 2019   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service