Advertisement

Nanit - The Baby Monitor That Thinks

I'm in to unique names, and my sister is pregnant with her second child and has asked me to help her come up with a list of names. Her first son's name is Kian. She wants something clever...

I, myself, have been vetoed a million times in the baby naming category. My most favorite name for a little girl is Dixie. Dad gave me the big cold "no" on that one... Anyone else lose this battle?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I got pregnant this last time I of course started coming up with boy names. We had a girl name already, so I wanted to have one right away! The names I wanted were Elijah Richard, Nathan Richard, and Ethan Richard... my hubby vetoed them all... the name my hubby came up with? Vladimir...I vetoed that one with a big fat NO!
That's hilarious! What did you end up going with?

Allison said:
When I got pregnant this last time I of course started coming up with boy names. We had a girl name already, so I wanted to have one right away! The names I wanted were Elijah Richard, Nathan Richard, and Ethan Richard... my hubby vetoed them all... the name my hubby came up with? Vladimir...I vetoed that one with a big fat NO!
I like Noah. My hubbie said "No-ah way!"

I also liked Will, he said "Will you pick another name, please."

I think he thought it was funny, to give me a hard time. Admitedly he was very creative in making pun for each name though.

For a girl, my favorite name is Macayla.

He likes Carera - like the car.
I think my husband veto'd all my fav names, lol. I wanted Sylvia Rose and Jayden for my girls - I have an Ariel and a Rayelle, lol. For boys, I always wanted a Jonathon or a Anthony - I have a Kahlan lol. My husband picked all three names, but I loved them all as soon as he said them.
I guess it's great that the dad's are so in to what their children are named that they actually care enough to veto, right?

I just got vetoted again.

"Honey, do you like the name Moxon for a boy?"

"Moccasin? No."
Briana ... I wanted to call her "Bree" as a nick name. I'm guessing he vetoed because I got it out of the romance novel I was obsessed with at the time. Or perhaps because he associated "bree" with stinky cheese.
Yes. H vetoed Shira. I love the name Shira, but he couldn't get the whole, "She-rah princess of power" thing out of his head...
I liked the name Joseph when I was pregnant with my oldest, but my husband said NO!!
I wanted to name our first Symone, but my husband nixed it. Her name is Chanelle. I didn't realize her name rhymed with my name until I said, "Hi, I'm Michele and this is Chanelle," at my very first Mommy and Me class. Everyone kind of chuckled under their breath. Whatever!

With our second my husband got 100% naming rights. Her name is Peyton.

With our third, we wanted something unique. I recently found a scrap paper while cleaning out my home office with a list of the names we were considering:
-Bleek (my husband still likes that name to this day - weird!)
-Sunday
-November
-Wednesday
(noticing a funny pattern here?)

We ended up naming our son Legend, and although I thought it was the weirdest name at first, today I think it's ultra-cool.
I used to like the name Link, but then I thought people would think I really liked Zelda.
Michelle said:
Brady. I loved that name but for some reason it was big no.

Brady is my son's name! :)
It is funny that someone mentioned vetoing names as I just had this conversation a few days ago. My first husbands name was Sean and when our first baby news came I wanted to name him/her Sean. I was immediately vetoed if it was a girl for that name. I was a little bummed. Our second was suppose to be a boy and I wanted Hunter or Chandler but was told ithey were to preppy. Whatever! Turned out to be a girl anyway! And as for the name Dixie that got vetoed, I love it, as I have an aunt Dixie and I love her and the name. I like names you don't hear very often. So good luck everyone with the "baby name" battle. Michelle

RSS

Keep In Touch

Latest Activity

Tanya Acevedo updated their profile
9 hours ago
Macie Satterfield is now a member of Mom Bloggers Club
yesterday
Betsy Smith commented on Shasta Lynn Walton's group 'Low Entry Giveaways - UNDER 100'
yesterday
Profile IconRita Smith and Chiara Howard joined Mom Bloggers Club
Thursday

OFFERS

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Events

© 2021   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service