Advertisement

Nanit - The Baby Monitor That Thinks

I'm in to unique names, and my sister is pregnant with her second child and has asked me to help her come up with a list of names. Her first son's name is Kian. She wants something clever...

I, myself, have been vetoed a million times in the baby naming category. My most favorite name for a little girl is Dixie. Dad gave me the big cold "no" on that one... Anyone else lose this battle?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I got pregnant this last time I of course started coming up with boy names. We had a girl name already, so I wanted to have one right away! The names I wanted were Elijah Richard, Nathan Richard, and Ethan Richard... my hubby vetoed them all... the name my hubby came up with? Vladimir...I vetoed that one with a big fat NO!
That's hilarious! What did you end up going with?

Allison said:
When I got pregnant this last time I of course started coming up with boy names. We had a girl name already, so I wanted to have one right away! The names I wanted were Elijah Richard, Nathan Richard, and Ethan Richard... my hubby vetoed them all... the name my hubby came up with? Vladimir...I vetoed that one with a big fat NO!
I like Noah. My hubbie said "No-ah way!"

I also liked Will, he said "Will you pick another name, please."

I think he thought it was funny, to give me a hard time. Admitedly he was very creative in making pun for each name though.

For a girl, my favorite name is Macayla.

He likes Carera - like the car.
I think my husband veto'd all my fav names, lol. I wanted Sylvia Rose and Jayden for my girls - I have an Ariel and a Rayelle, lol. For boys, I always wanted a Jonathon or a Anthony - I have a Kahlan lol. My husband picked all three names, but I loved them all as soon as he said them.
I guess it's great that the dad's are so in to what their children are named that they actually care enough to veto, right?

I just got vetoted again.

"Honey, do you like the name Moxon for a boy?"

"Moccasin? No."
Briana ... I wanted to call her "Bree" as a nick name. I'm guessing he vetoed because I got it out of the romance novel I was obsessed with at the time. Or perhaps because he associated "bree" with stinky cheese.
Yes. H vetoed Shira. I love the name Shira, but he couldn't get the whole, "She-rah princess of power" thing out of his head...
I liked the name Joseph when I was pregnant with my oldest, but my husband said NO!!
I wanted to name our first Symone, but my husband nixed it. Her name is Chanelle. I didn't realize her name rhymed with my name until I said, "Hi, I'm Michele and this is Chanelle," at my very first Mommy and Me class. Everyone kind of chuckled under their breath. Whatever!

With our second my husband got 100% naming rights. Her name is Peyton.

With our third, we wanted something unique. I recently found a scrap paper while cleaning out my home office with a list of the names we were considering:
-Bleek (my husband still likes that name to this day - weird!)
-Sunday
-November
-Wednesday
(noticing a funny pattern here?)

We ended up naming our son Legend, and although I thought it was the weirdest name at first, today I think it's ultra-cool.
I used to like the name Link, but then I thought people would think I really liked Zelda.
Michelle said:
Brady. I loved that name but for some reason it was big no.

Brady is my son's name! :)
It is funny that someone mentioned vetoing names as I just had this conversation a few days ago. My first husbands name was Sean and when our first baby news came I wanted to name him/her Sean. I was immediately vetoed if it was a girl for that name. I was a little bummed. Our second was suppose to be a boy and I wanted Hunter or Chandler but was told ithey were to preppy. Whatever! Turned out to be a girl anyway! And as for the name Dixie that got vetoed, I love it, as I have an aunt Dixie and I love her and the name. I like names you don't hear very often. So good luck everyone with the "baby name" battle. Michelle

RSS

Keep In Touch

Latest Activity

Tanya Acevedo updated their profile
10 hours ago
Macie Satterfield is now a member of Mom Bloggers Club
yesterday
Betsy Smith commented on Shasta Lynn Walton's group 'Low Entry Giveaways - UNDER 100'
yesterday
Profile IconRita Smith and Chiara Howard joined Mom Bloggers Club
Thursday

OFFERS

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Events

© 2021   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service