Advertisement

I updated my blog (http://visualperspective.wordpress.com/) with a post about copyright infringement. Part of the reason I wrote this blog was due to the actions of another blogger who stole a photo to use on their site. This blogger doesn’t see anything wrong with it and has written two blog posts slamming the photographer who sent him a standard notice of copyright infringement. This problem has been an ongoing discussion in the photography community, a lot of bloggers don't seem to realize you have to have a photographer’s permission in order to post a photo on your blog or you are breaking the law in several countries. Some of the biggest online offenders seem to be bloggers that go out and do the snatch and grab. How many of you are aware of what copyrights are, that images are copyrighted and it is illegal to use them without permission? I’m working to spread awareness about this ongoing problem and to educate more people about the issue so I thought this would be a good place to bring the discussion.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Bec, that is what I thought, but my husband was arguing otherwise.
NP glad to help
I did not know this. I thought once an image was out there [on the internet] it was public domain.

Tammy
Fraind not Tammy, the photographer or other copyright holders are still the owners even if it's on the net. If your using images on you blog that you have not received permission to use you might want to remove then.

RSS

Keep In Touch

Our newest members. Join us + 24,000 fellow mom bloggers

Latest Activity

Profile IconJen Hardy gave a gift to Mel Of Bacchus
16 hours ago
Jen Hardy liked Cynthia Madison's blog post Subtle signs your kids might be depressed
16 hours ago
Jen Hardy posted a status
"I'm in the middle of 30 podcast episodes in 30 days for moms with chronic illness. So much info & so fun!"
16 hours ago
Jen Hardy updated their profile
16 hours ago

Forums

Getting Followers

Looking to find followers and follow other mom bloggers. Post your requests!

1859 discussions

Deals

Follow our daily deals for moms including deals on blogging and websites.

11 discussions

Everything Blogging

This is where we discuss everything about blogging. Ask your questions and share your knowledge. NO GIVEAWAY LISTINGS!

2451 discussions

Motherhood, Parenting & Family

We all have questions and advice to share about parenting. Ask questions and share sage advice in our Motherhood, Parenting, & Family forum.

863 discussions

General Conversation

Have a general topic you would like to share with other members of the club? This is the place to do it.

792 discussions

LEARNING CORNER

© 2022   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service