Launched in 2007 and 24,000 strong we are the oldest and largest social network for moms who blog. Join us and network with fellow moms.

FEATURED THIS MONTH

Latest Activity

Susan Keefe posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Melina Druga posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Profile IconKristen Smith and Lisa Van Groningen joined Mom Bloggers Club
4 hours ago
Kristy Shrader posted a status
"Quick intro! I am a mother to 3 little girls! I strive to make mom life a little easier. I look forward to connecting with other moms!"
10 hours ago

LEARNING CORNER

Make great photos even better with PicMonkey

Divine Theme

What do you do to keep your blog fresh? Where do you go to get ideas?

I love relaxing with my daughters at a local coffee shop. It gives me a different perspective and change of scenery.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since my blog is more informative than anything else- I read a lot (blogs, magazines, newspapers, etc.) Not just parenting (my focus) ones though. I read all types of non-fiction material. I never know what might trigger a new idea!
I change-up the layout to keep my blog fresh (for me and my readers). Nothing so dramatic that it would look like a whole different space - but little things that make it engaging.

For example, since this is the week of halloween...I put up a halloween header with the Parent Club logo(thanks to Cutest Blog on the Block + a little photoshop).

That Halloween header gives me inspiration for a week of themed posts. It still has my logo - so the blog is unchanged - yet it gives it pop.
I love the coffee shop idea. Just having some quiet time away from my kids and husband might help me think a little more clearly so I could come up with new ideas when I feel stuck.

When I start to feel that way usually I go buy some magazines or books and a diet dr. pepper and just write ideas down as they come... Sometimes it's just an issue of having a little "me time" and it makes all the difference in the world.
I pick a weekly theme each week. I also try to remember the things that made me laugh during the week. With a nineteen month old there is always something.
I have 3 blogs. One is to help others promote their shops, businesses, etc. by linking them to FREE services on the web, etc. It is time consuming because I always try the service or program before I recommend it. but, that is busy! But I try to spend at least a few hours on each blog a week- then I create several posts, but set the post dates for a few days apart for each one so there is always something new.
On my Mommys Review blog- I am always scouring for free stuff, recipes, links etc that I think the typical mom could use. Again, before I post it I try it to see if it is a long survey process, do you get overwhelmed with emails after you enter your info, etc. Same thing, I spend a day doing this blog, then set each post to actually be published at a different time.
My final blog is on human development, children, life... With informative, actual researched articles that I write. So this one is the most time consuming, but I am in Grad school so it gives me a lot of material to work with. One fun thing to do is monthly offer a contest or giveaway- even if it is free advertising- that gets people who may not normally visit your blog a chance to see what you got.
Mine are at:

http://mishapsofmommy.blogspot.com
http://mommytymeswordsofwisdom.blogspot.com
http://mommysreviewsyoucanuse.blogspot.com
I like packing up my laptop and heading to a local coffee shop. I have found that time out of the house by myself gives me a bit of a jump start. When I can't get out of the house I try writing in a different room of my house or even a different chair to change things up a little.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service