I recently read on another forum where someone just got up one day and decided to help someone by paying for whatever it is they bought behind them in a dept store. In her case, it ended up being a $100 pair of work boots. That's alittle steep for me but I get the idea. What she started was great - a chain reaction of many going out and doing something for someone else.

One guy was at the gas station and when he went in he paid $10 on another customers bill. Another bought a meal for the one in back of him at a fast food place.

After mass last night I stopped at Giant Eagle and paid for the lady in back of me. It was only $13 but you would of thought I gave her a million bucks. It really felt good to help a total stranger and better yet, she seemed to appreciate it a whole lot more than I ever imagined.

I did this a couple years ago with a simple cup of coffee and it went on for over two weeks. I was thrilled and shocked.

So, if you're able, sometime, do something extra special for a perfect stranger, not only is it nice, but it feels so good. It doesn't have to be $100, $5 would probably make most people happy too.

Please share your story if you've already done this and if you haven;t, get your butt in gear.

Peg
http://bargainsdealsanddiscountsoutlet.blogspot.com/

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have seen this happen and have done it ourselves once, long ago when we were more able. You do get some real surprised but appreciative reactions- It feels so good to see how much warmth it brings someone. Even if it's the couple items someone has in the 10 item or less lane at the grocery... This should be something everyone does, at least once- Can you imagine a huge Pay it Forward spreading the world?

RSS

Want access to the biggest entertainment events of the season, with exclusive prices of up to 60% off & 3% cash back? With Live Ticket Events on TrendBrew, the hottest events across the country, including theater, sports, concerts and more, are available to you at the touch of a fingertip. And like no other site, you also receive 3% cash back on every purchase. Experience the best live entertainment has to offer at the best prices!

LEARNING CORNER

Latest Activity

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service