Advertisement

We are all staying at home, balancing education duties and more. What are your best tips for elearning? Personally, I like to carve out an hour for livestream education. Many options free and certainly worth the screen time! 

https://www.upparent.com/lists/livestream-fun-and-learning-for-kids...

Are there any more ideas you can add to this list?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, wanna share our web source. It is a site of NGO for free, for kids of different ages (more for smaler). animated lessons of science, art, environment, life skills, and etc. https://en.e-learningforkids.org/ (no business) 

The idea of eLearning is very effective for school going student especially when they are not attending their schools in this quarantine. However, parents also need to be very organized to proceed with this eLearning study system. On the other hand, computer-assisted learning methods are also getting very popular among students. Last week, I was reading this article https://slate.com/technology/2015/02/teach-to-one-what-happens-when..., and it came into my knowledge that 'Teach to One' is doing great work in the field of automated learning.

In my opinion, automated learning is the future of education where computers pick and set courses and tests etc. instead of teachers. Probably, such technological innovations are going to transform the teaching structure. 

That is interesting, as the world has already moved onto many virtual programming already, including college masters degrees and even some medical surgery procedures! Perhaps virtual school for young kids is a parallel step in that direction - and one to embrace, and perhaps pioneer if you can. 

I have had a major issue, though, with reading books online. I have yet to get on board with virtual books, albeit e-books have been around and enjoyed by many for more than a decade. The added screen time trade-off, however, is very risky in young kids. I appreciate books to hold, to lay in bed with, to keep in possession, etc. 

We are fortunate that some libraries are now reopening their doors as of late. Check out my list of Chapter Books Series By Grade to help your book selections and online reservations.   

I think it's important to set up a little work area for each child. I have 3, so I put them in different areas of the house. They each have a desk, laptop, school supplies, etc. I think it helps them to focus.

RSS

OFFERS

Nanit works with the Echo Show. Shop Now.Halloween

Advertisment

Our Blog

6 creative hacks to transform your kids room into a fun space

Your kid’s room is a space where they can play, dream and relax and - most importantly - it’s their space to have fun. There are some easy ways you can help to make your child’s room an exciting space for them. Consider these creative hacks if you want to…

5 Ways to Fund Your Retirement

Whether you plan to work until you’re eligible to receive your full social security benefits…

LEARNING CORNER

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisment

Advertisement

Events

© 2020   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service