Let’s face it, it’s the new year and we are all rushing to set our new year’s resolutions. If you are like the majority of us, you could use a little extra help saving money.
This is the year to take your finances by storm and really get ahead!
We would love to help you get started with these 10 ways to save money into the new year.
- Cut Out Fast Food and Make Your Coffee at Home- This may sound hard at first, but you would be surprised how much money you can save by preparing lunches and coffee before starting your day.
- Avoid ATM’s that will charge you fees. Fees may be small, but they add up quickly.
- Use Coupons- It may take a bit longer to prepare your trip to the grocery, however you will be glad you took the time.
- Start a Garden- Growing your own fruits and vegetables is far less expensive than purchasing at the market.
- Make a Grocery List- Being prepared with a list of items needed can save you a lot of money at the grocery. We tend to make impulse purchases when we do not have a list. Just make sure you stick to your list.
- Refinance your mortgage to a lower interest rate so you can lower your payments.
- Eliminate Unneeded Services- Eliminating services such as home phones, cable television and internet can save you a significant amount of money. Many people have internet on their phones and at home, eliminating one of these services alone could bring big savings.
- Put the Credit Cards Away- One of the easiest ways to rack up debt is by simply carrying these cards with you. If they aren’t handy, you won’t use them. Eliminating credit card debt is one of the fastest ways to save.
- Keep Track- Keep a sheet and write down every dollar spent. It’s easier to know where you are spending all of your money if you are keeping track.
- Weatherproof your Home- Caulk around your doors and windows and any other areas around your home where air may be getting in. This will save you on your energy bill.
We hope you enjoy these 10 ways to save money into the new year!
Best of luck!