If you have never been to Charlotte it is one of the best southern travel destinations to visit. In fact, according to WalletHub Charlotte is one of the top 10 cities where people want to live right now and one of the top 20 cities with the best weather. With professional NBA and NFL teams, banking and tech hubs, fantastic neighborhoods and a foodie and craft beer scene Charlotte really is a city with a lot of appeal. It also offers robust nightlife opportunities that are perfect for girls’ night out when visiting Charlotte or if you’re a Charlottean yourself. It is also important to keep yourself safe when out on the town, however. Here are five easy ways to stay safe.
- Go As a Team: One of the best ways to stay safe during a girls’ night out is to have a team plan and stick to it religiously. Arrive together at destinations and make sure you all leave together. Don’t change your minds in the middle of girls’ night out. The team approach is non-negotiable. If you’re bar-hopping in uptown Charlotte, be your sister’s keeper and make sure the group doesn’t get separated and keep an eye out for everyone in your group.
- Limit Your Pregaming: When you know there is an ensuing girls’ night out you might have a strong desire to pregame. Be sure to limit your alcohol consumption before going out because you don’t want to be far too gone before you even reach your destination. Not only will it put a damper on girls’ night out, but you’ll also want to enjoy every moment and that is hard to do when you’re close to blacking out.
- Make Sure to Eat: Start your girls’ night out with a great meal. Charlotte has a ton of great restaurants to choose from. If you’re in the mood for delicious Mediterranean food or southern fare, there is something for you. If you’d like to try some of Charlotte’s best steak and seafood restaurants or even some that will set you back a good penny Charlotte has it.
- Get Bar Recommendations: There no better way to make a girls’ night out more perfect than getting personal recommendations to friends’ favorites or even or hotel’s in-the-know concierge. Take recommendations to heart especially for bars. There have been reports of some area bars slipping drugs into women’s drinks, so be careful when you’re drinking. Like your mom always said: never leave your drink unattended, make sure to drink in moderation, and sprinkle in glasses of water as well. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Schedule Reliable Transportation: There are a lot of transportation options to get home or back to your hotel after a girls’ night out. With a group, you will likely want to hire a Charlotte transportation service instead of hopping in a bunch of taxis or using ride-sharing services. Even with a perfect girls’ night out, things can go wrong if you don’t choose the best way to get home. A limo service is perfect because as mentioned above, the priority is to arrive as a team and return as a team!
Girls’ nights out can be a perfect time to catch up with your friends, celebrate a milestone or simply have fun, but it is crucial that you plan and stay safe. Have a great time and sleep soundly knowing that everything went off without a hitch.