We’ve all been there. We start the day ambitious and productive – but as the afternoon approaches, we hit a wall, lose focus and need to find a way to get back on track. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five tips to help beat the afternoon slump and give you the energy to finish your day as strong as you started it.
1. Drink Up. Instead of reaching for soda or cup of coffee, try drinking more water throughout the day. The temptation of a caffeinated beverage in the afternoon can actually dehydrate you even further making you feel less alert. Staying hydrated also helps prevent headaches, increase blood flow, and improve your skin complexion. An easy way to make sure you’re drinking enough is to divide your body weight in half then drink that amount of ounces per day. For example, 150-pound person would aim to drink 75 ounces of water each day. Get creative and infuse your water with fruits and herbs for delicious flavor and possible health benefits. A strawberry and sage combination may boost memory properties and lower blood pressure, while a lime and mint combo may help maintain bone and teeth strength.
2. Snack Smartly. Boost your energy levels with some healthy snacks. An ounce of cheese, a handful of seeds and nuts, or fresh fruit like apples, bananas, or oranges are quick and easy. Veggie lover? Bring in a small bag of chopped energy-boosting vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, or carrots with a serving of hummus or non-fat Greek yogurt for a dip with some protein. Stay away from sugary snacks and junk food because after a small spike in energy, you’ll crash and feel even worse than before.
3. Hit Pause. After concentrating on something for an extended period of time, you may need to step away from it to re-charge your mind and energy level. Taking something as small as a five to 10 minute mental break can help you regain concentration and approach things with a clear mind.
4. Tidy Up Spaces. Studies show that clutter can negatively impact your energy and productivity levels so if you’re feeling drained, use a little elbow grease. Not only will you get a short mental break, you’ll feel more accomplished and ready to take on the next task.
5. Blow Bubbles. Hard to believe, but feeling more alert could be as easy as chewing a piece of bubble gum. Research shows that chewing gum for 15 minutes makes individuals feel more attentive and better able to focus. For best results, purchase strong minty flavors and stick to sugar-free gum!
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, diabetes management, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com
You need to be a member of Mom Bloggers Club to add comments!
Join Mom Bloggers Club